Drain Cleaning Service in New York City
If you have a blocked drain, it can be a big problem. It takes time to clear the blockage; during this period, the water cannot flow out of your house. This means that you will face water accumulation in your bathroom and kitchen. While most people think they can do it independently, they forget they need the right tools and equipment to get the job done right. This is why it’s best to leave it up to professionals who know what they are doing and have the right equipment.
When you need reliable and professional drain cleaning services, come to Plumbing NYC. We have been in business for over 30 years, providing top-quality plumbing services to the greater New York City area. We are experienced professionals who understand the importance of customer satisfaction and strive to provide that level of service every time we work with a client.
Causes of clogged drains in New York City
Depending on the usage of the building and drainage systems, there are numerous ways a drainage system may get clogged. This includes;
● Hair: Hair is one of the most common reasons for clogged drains. Your hair can wrap around the blades inside your drain, creating a blockage for water to pass through easily.
● Food scraps: Food scraps such as grease and oil from cooking can build up in your pipes and cause them to become clogged over time. If it’s not cleaned out regularly, it can eventually create a blockage that prevents water from flowing smoothly through the pipe.
● Paper products: Paper towels and toilet paper get flushed down toilets regularly, and they don’t break down completely when they go through your pipes. These paper products form large chunks that can cause clogs in your pipes.
● Soap scum: This can build up over time if you don't use enough hot water when washing dishes or clothes or if you have hard water that contains minerals like calcium or magnesium. These minerals settle on surfaces, including faucets, shower heads and bathtubs, where they can harden into an unsightly gel-like substance called soap scum that's difficult to clean off without harsh chemicals or elbow grease!
● Baby wipes: Baby wipes can get stuck in your pipes and cause them to clog. Make sure you don't flush them down the toilet! Other disposable wipes, like facial cleansing wipes and makeup remover pads, should not go down your drain or toilet.
● Feminine hygiene products: Menstrual pads and tampons often contain absorbent materials from natural fibres that do not break down easily in wastewater systems. These items can cause blockages by getting stuck in pipes or causing sewage backups into bathrooms or basements when they move through sewer lines.
How to Know You Have a Clogged Drain
Clogged drains are frustrating, and they can be hard to diagnose. But if you know what to look for, you can usually figure out what's causing the problem. Here are some common signs that you have a clogged drain:
- Water backs up in your sink or tub when you turn on the faucet
- The toilet won't flush properly.
- You hear a gurgling noise from your pipes when water runs through them.
- The water level in your toilet tank rises faster than usual after flushing
- You see things in the tub or sink that shouldn't be there
- There’s a bad smell coming from your drain
Drain Cleaning Services in New York City
Do you need your drains cleaned?
We provide drain cleaning services to homes and businesses throughout the greater New York area. Our team of professional plumbers has years of experience diagnosing and repairing all types of drains, including:
- Garbage disposals
- Septic tanks and septic fields
Our technicians can also help you with other plumbing issues, such as leaky faucets and clogged toilets.
How much does a professional drain cleaner cost?
A professional drain snake costs between $250 and $500. The cost depends on several factors, including the severity of the clog, the length of the snake needed to clear it and whether you need any additional services such as plumbing repairs or sewer line cleanings.
How much does a plumber charge to unclog a drain?
On average, plumbers charge between $133 and $295 to unclog a drain. The price of unclogging a drain depends on several factors, including the type of drain and the length of time it takes to complete the job. You can expect to pay more if there's extensive damage or if you live in an area where it's difficult for plumbers to reach you quickly. The cost also depends on whether you're calling a local plumber or hiring someone from out of town.
Is it worth hiring a professional for drain cleaning?
Cleaning your drains can be simple if you know what you are doing. If not, it can be dangerous and messy since you will be working with water and chemicals. Hiring a professional for drain cleaning is worth it if:
- You have a clog and don't know what's causing it.
- You've tried all the DIY methods, but they didn't work.
- You're tired of wasting time and money on products that don't work.
- You're afraid of getting hurt by using chemicals or trying to dig in a tight space with your hands.
- You want a guaranteed result - no more clogs!
Expert Service to Keep Your Drains Clear
We know that you don’t want to deal with clogged drains. Clogs can be a serious problem if they go on too long because they can cause damage to your pipes and even flood your home or business. That’s why we offer drain cleaning services in New York City to help clear out any blockages that could cause problems down the road. Our experts will quickly assess your situation so they know what equipment they need to bring when they come out to perform their work for you.
Our experts can handle any clog, including grease, hair, and soap scum. You don’t have to spend hours trying to clear your drains when our experts can do it for you quickly and easily! Call us today!